My research has focused on improving health through population-based physical activity intervention. Specifically, one major line of my research is examining the effects of modern technology (e.g., exergaming, smartphone Apps) in interventions to promote physical activity and health among various target populatoins. My other research interests include investigation of exergaming (e.g., Xbox Kinect, Dance Dance Revoluation, Wii, and PS4) on individuals' exercise determinants, physical activity levels, health-related physical fitness, movement skills, and academic achievement, psycholsocial and behavioral correlates/determinants of physical activity behaviors, measurement of children's physical fitness and physical activity levels, and health disparities and physical activity. Both qualitative and quantitative methods have been employed in my research.
- Population-based physical activity promotion to fight childhood obesity
- Application of modern technology (e.g., active video games, smartphone Apps) in interventions to promote physical activity and health
- Psychosocial and behavioral correlates/determinants of physical activity behavior
- Children's motor skill, physical activity, fitness and academic achievement
- Health disparities and physical activity